SEO web designing process means creating a website that is search-engine friendly. The search engine bots can easily crawl across, understand the content, and index your site. The search engine robots cannot read and respond with webpages like humans. They gain access to HTML codes and search for signals that can help them recognize the website structure and content meaning.
Why is SEO web design important?
Your website design has to keep both the search engines and users happy. Therefore, it is important to practice SEO-friendly web design. If ignored search engines will never decipher what your website is about. It can impact your ranking and traffic negatively.
Australian Internet Advertising is a professional Sydney SEO agency that is helping brands to improve their ranking and traffic influx.
How to design a website that satisfies search engines and users?
To create an SEO web design, follow the six principles given below.
For proper indexing of website and content, you need to –
- Check Robots.txt – It instructs search engines which pages they can index.
- Check Crawl errors – Use Google Search Console, a webmaster tool to check crawl errors.
- Submit XML sitemap – Sitemaps allow search bots know about content or site structure updates.
- Use Conical URLs – It tells crawlers, which page version to index.
- Use ALT text – To make images more accessible to crawlers use ALT text. Crawlers don’t understand images, but images make the page interesting. So, for making crawlers jobs easy to read the images use ALT text.
- Add structured data markup – You may even include podcasts, audio, or videos, so add structured data markup for search engines to understand their context and index.
The best practice to be considered while structuring a website is – Any page on your site must gain access from the homepage within not more than 3 clicks [less than 3 is great]. Organize your site in a hierarchical manner of 2 to 3 deep levels. The Breadcrumb menu helps visitors return to the previous content and ultimately to your homepage.
URL structure means your permalinks format [slugs]. A good URL has given characteristics.
- Short but informative
- Includes main keywords
- Avoid dates
- Points to page directly
Internal link structure
A small web creation through interlinking different webpages of your site is a good SEO practice. From your homepage link it all to the important web pages. The important web pages must also get interlinked with one other.
The homepage is your business façade. It needs to be clearly organized, load speedily, and offer users details about your website’s goal. A category page helps navigation and even sends the right signals to crawlers from the remaining web pages.
Landing page optimization will drive target organic traffic to your website and enhance your conversion rates. Optimize page titles for a better understanding of page content to users and search bots. Heading optimization also helps users and search bots to read and understand a good visual design split up.
User experience has to be the focal point while designing an SEO-friendly website. Stunning web design with attractive colors and font does not define success, but what makes it offer a great user experience does. You can get it through optimizing your website for speed, security, mobile-friendliness, and more.
Ensure to thoroughly test your website and evaluate user behavior to help make a wise decision of enhancing your website design, content, and structure.